Don’t be offended

Please don’t be offended,
I am here to shake up the status quo,
I am here to weak you up,
I am here to remind you,
Of the greatness that used to be yours,
The greatness of you ancestors,
That was based on wisdom and restraint,
Restraint from being offended,
Restraint from jumping to conclusion,
Restraint from being defensive,
Those who are small brains and closed up hearts
Don’t have room for the light of glory,
The glory of authenticity and truth,
The glory of the only truth
The glory of that, which does not discriminate,
The glory of love,
Please don’t be offended,
You have valid reasons to think what you think,
Hear me out, don’t be offended,
What I am saying is for you and only for you,
Without you it wouldn’t have come through
I am thankful and grateful to you,
Regardless what you choose to do,
Please don’t be offended,
Love will set you free

Copyrights 2004, Najat Fares Kessler, All Rights Reserved.